2008 winners of the Temple Bar Green’n'Clean Awards
The team at Kinlay is committed to a greener future.
Listed are the initiatives we are undertaking towards helping our environment:
- All staff are trained on green issues and encouraged to contribute towards making our hostel greener.
- All plastic, paper, cardboard, aluminum cans and glass, batteries and gas cylinders are collected and recycled.
- We use recycled paper for all our printing needs and recycle ink and toner cartridges.
- We have installed motion-controlled lighting where suitable to reduce energy wastage.
- All showers and taps are fitted with push buttons to reduce water wastage.
- The boiler has been upgraded to enable us to adjust the heating and turn off heating to sections of the building as and when required.
- We have upgraded all of our office and guest computers to those with a higher energy rating.
- The hostel is powered by Airtricity who generate electricity using wind power – producing no emissions or by-products of any kind. Year to date, our power saving is on average 1600 units per statement – equivalent to 4.13 c02 tonnes per year.
- Our Green Officer attends Sustainable Tourism Conferences and training days and we are active in forming links with eco friendly partners in the tourism sector.
Tito's Thousand Friends
Kinlay's turtle wants to be your friend. We've promised him a girlfriend when he has 1000 friends on facebook. If you are his 1000th friend you will win a free stay here at Kinlay (and Tito's eternal gratitude and he says he will name his child after you too) Here's his page: http://www.facebook.com/people/Tito-Turtle/100002245627225
Tito the Turtle can't speak but he wants to tweet. Send your suggested tweets for our new Turtle and win free accommodation-email here