Groups in Dublin
All groups welcome and special discounts available.
We offer discounts for groups and can assist you with putting together a group programme tailored to your group needs. Group services include:
* Assist with arranging bus transfers
* Assist with planning meals, including packed lunches
* Provide tour and day trip information
To give you some inspiration when planning your group trip to Dublin, we’ve put together some suggested itineraries:
Ideal for school and college groups that want to experience all that Dublin has to offer.
Dublin and Beyond
Ideal for adult groups wanting a unique ‘Irish’ experience.
Dublin Literary Experience
Ideal for all literary enthusiasts.
Ten guests or more constitutes a group and we request that every group have a designated group leader that can take care of all the paperwork and can be contacted at all times during your stay.
Our policy regarding the children (under 18 years) – Needs to be accompanied by an adult and can only stay in private rooms with ensuite.
NOTICE TO ALL GROUPS
1. No noise is tolerated in the rooms or corridors from 11.00pm to 7.30am. Common areas are open at night so please use them if you are staying up late. Any guests found making noise during these hours will be removed from the hostel without refund.
2. Security passes are issued to all guests and must be kept on your person at all times. They must be shown upon request. You must have these to gain entry at nighttime.
3. Only residents have access to accommodation – no guests are allowed.
4. Leaders will be appointed for the group and will deal with any problems relating to their particular group.
5. No smoking is allowed anywhere in the hostel at any time as it is against the law. Anyone found smoking in the building is subject to an immediate €75.00 euro fine and possible prosecution. The only smoking area is outside the front door.
6. No alcohol is allowed in the hostel at any time. If you have alcohol, please leave it at reception and you can collect it when you are leaving.
7. Lockers and safety deposit boxes are available for hire – please ask for details from reception.
8. Management reserves full authority to remove troublesome group members from the hostel. No refunds will be given in such circumstances.
9. Credit card details or a cash deposit are required as a security deposit from the group leader. This will be refunded upon departure provided the group has observed the rules.
10. Guests will be held responsible for willful damage to property. In the event of any damage caused to property, Avalon House reserves the right to charge this to the group.
11. On the back of each bedroom door is a plan of your floor. Guests are requested to familiarise themselves with the nearest escape route from their room. In the case of a fire, the alarm will sound and you should make your way to the assembly point at the YMCA on Aungier Street and await further instructions.
12. Breakfast is served from 7.30am to 10.00am and is free of charge. Breakfast is self service but please clean up after yourself.
(Free Breakfast consists of cereals, toast, tea & Coffee)
KINLAY HOUSE GROUP BOOKING CONDITIONS & CONTRACT• PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF YOUR BOOKING REFERENCE NUMBER WITH ANY BANK TRANSFER – OTHERWISE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY YOUR PAYMENT.
• Group Bookings (+10pax) are subject to written confirmation and a deposit of the 25% of the accommodation total.
• Provisional bookings will be held on option for two weeks (a fixed date of confirmation will be given). If the booking is not confirmed and/or deposits not received the accommodation being held may be released.
• Full Payment must be made one month before arrival of group.
• PLEASE NOTE THAT UPON CHECK IN GROUPS ARE REQUIRED TO PAY A MINIMUM SECURITY DEPOSIT OF €200.00 – This deposit will be refunded in full, provided the group has caused no damage to hostel property, and have observed the rules of the hostel. Groups will also be required to fill in a check in form agreeing to these terms.
• The group leader is asked to provide a full passenger list and arrival time for the group at least two weeks prior to arrival.
• Room types cannot be guaranteed until booking is paid in full.
42 to 30 days before arrival : 25% of total cost
29 to 15 days before arrival : 50% of total cost
14 to 8 days before arrival : 75% of total cost
1 Week or less before arrival : 100% of total cost
Note: All cancellations will incur a €25.00 administration charge
With groups that are booked less than four weeks before arrival, booking conditions and cancellation fees must be agreed at the time of booking.
REDUCTION IN GROUP NUMBERS/ AMENDMENTS TO RESERVATIONS
365 days – booking may be reduced in part without penal
364 – 270 days – may reduce original block by 35% without penalty
269 – 180 days – may reduce original block by 25% without penalty
179 – 91 days – may reduce original block by 15% without penalty
90 – 15 days – may reduce original block by 10% without penalty
14 – 0 day – any reduction would be charge in full
Please note Booking Deposit is non-refundable for groups of 100pax or more.
Tito's Thousand Friends
Kinlay's turtle wants to be your friend. We've promised him a girlfriend when he has 1000 friends on facebook. If you are his 1000th friend you will win a free stay here at Kinlay (and Tito's eternal gratitude and he says he will name his child after you too) Here's his page: http://www.facebook.com/people/Tito-Turtle/100002245627225
Tito the Turtle can't speak but he wants to tweet. Send your suggested tweets for our new Turtle and win free accommodation-email here